Join us for the 6th Annual Buckeye Marathon, Half, 10K, 5K, and Obstacle Course.
Known for its downhill and fast course (marathoners will drop over 530 feet in elevation from the start to finish),
the marathon route starts in the community of Sun City Festival before making its way around the beautiful
White Tank Mountains and ending at the runway of the Buckeye Municipal Airport.
Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K runners will start and finish at the airport, with views of the
White Tank Mountains on the outgoing section of the out-and-back courses.
The 6th Annual Buckeye Marathon / Half Marathon / 10K / 5K / Obstacle Course will take place on January 4, 2020.
All distances will end at the Buckeye Municipal Airport. The Half Marathon, 10K, 5K, and Obstacle Course will also begin at the airport,
with the Marathon course starting at Sun City Festival Baseball Complex in the Sun City Festival community
(Marathoners:please park at the Baseball Complex at Sun City Festival - transportation will be provided from the finish line to the start line for marathon participants after the race).
This event will be run on a USATF Certified Course and serves as a Boston/National Qualifier.
All events will be chip timed. The marathon course will be a closure time of 6 hours, requiring a minimum pace time of 13:45/mile.
Proceeds will benefit the City of Buckeye Youth Scholarship Fund, giving kids the opportunity to participate in recreational activities throughout the city.
Thank You to our Sponsors
What You Get!
Custom Event Medal for all participants
Custom Event Dri-Fit Tech T-Shirt for all participants in running events. Obstacle course participants will recieve a superhero cape!
Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups for the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K distances only. Our age groups are the following:
8 & Under, 9 & 10, 11-13, 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & over
Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Brunch" (granola bars, fruit, water, Gatorade, etc)
Chip Timed with Real Time Results and Photos on our Website or Mobile App (on Apple andGoogle)
Course set/marked by StartLine Racing to maximize your experience!
Entry Into Post Race Festival.
Race Day Information
- Race Day Registration will be available beginning at 7:00am.
- We accept cash, check, and credit cards (Visa or Master Card) on race day
- Race day pricing will be: Marthon $110, Half Marathon $80, 10K $65, 5K $50, Obstacle Course $10
Marathon Parking, Shuttles, and Bag Check
- We ask that all marathon participants park at the starting line location (Sun City Festival Baseball Field - map).
- Shuttles will be available from the finish line area to return you to your vehicle.
- Shuttles will run every 30 minutes starting at Noon with the final shuttle leaving the finish area at 3:00pm.
- Event Lockers will be available at the marathon start line area. They will have 350 lockers available at low rates for this event. They will bring the lockers to the finish line for you. View flyer here. Prices are as follows:
- Small lockers are 6” x 9” x 9” and cost $7 for the entire event
- Medium lockers are 6” x 9“ x 13” and cost $10 for the entire event
- Large lockers are 12” x 12” x 15” and cost $13 for the entire event
On Race Day there will be alternate directions to the Buckeye Municipal Airport due to road closures for the race route. Please use the following direction to the event area at the airport:As these races will start and end at the Airport, no bag check will be available.
- From I-10, take AZ 85 Exit 112 to Yuma/Gila Bend (heading south)
- Turn Right onto W. Southern Avenue from AZ 85 (heading west)
- Turn Right onto S. Palo Verde Road from W. Southern Avenue (heading north)
- Turn Left into the Buckeye Municipal Airport - 3000 S. Palo Verde Road.
Strollers are welcome
No pets allowed on this course
- The marathon course will be a closure time of 6 hours and the half marathon course will have a closure time of 5 hours.
Packet Pick-up Opportunities
Route map for Buckeye Half Marathon by StartLine Racing on plotaroute.com
Route map for Buckeye 10k by StartLine Racing on plotaroute.com
Route map for Buckeye 5k by StartLine Racing on plotaroute.com
Obstacle Course Information
Join us at the Buckeye Marathon for an Obstacle course sponsored by CrossFIT Fury. This one-mile family-friendly course will test your agility and strength as you weave through the tire field, crawl through storm pipes, and weave through the spider web obstacle. Multiple obstacles will be onsite to accommodate varying abilities.
The obstacle course will be open from 9:00am to 12:00pm for you and your family to run!!
Additional Course Information
Water and Gatorade will be located approximately every two miles of the marathon course through Mile 20 and at every mile there after; for the half marathon and 5K courses, water stations will be available at every mile.
GU Energy Gels will be available during the marathon at miles 8, 16, and 22. For the half marathon gels will be available at mile 8.5.
Restrooms will be located approximately every two miles along the course.
January 3 3:00 PM - Packet Pick-up at Holiday Inn Express from 3-8pm
January 4 7:00 AM - Race Day Packet Pick-up and Registration Opens
January 4 8:00 AM - Marathon Begins (at Sun City Festival Baseball Fields)
January 4 9:00 AM - Half Marathon Begins
January 4 9:15 AM - 10K Begins
January 4 9:30 AM - 5K Begins
January 4 10:45 AM - Award Ceremony Begins (approx)